Thursday, June 5, 2014

No GI answers yet - but glad for summer

Jonathan is now back to his October weight. That's a loss of half a pound more. He's been pretty sick (including temps so high he ended up in the ER last weekend) so this explains some of it, but we were hoping for answers now.  No weight gain in eight months is scary in a one year old.

JAM continues to grow taller and looks more and more like a little boy every day, but he is still stuck at an easy-to-toss 15 to 16 pounds. It makes Steve's nightly romp with the kids easy and fun, but it has cause me to gain worry weight --the weight that he should have gained by now plus some.  A new gym membership and new FANTASTIC running group in town should help with both the worry and the weight on my end, but neither get to the root of JAM's sticky problems.

We had hoped that the procedure with GI would answer all our questions. It didn't. No poor absorption issues spotted. Nothing.

So we are back to confused.

In other news, he has perfected his hand clapping and has stood for up to five seconds on his own. He has even taken his first step - although it was more like a graceful fall than a step. He might just be walking by two!

And finally, I ended my day job last week. This led to a slight crisis of identity. This week I woke up to a dream where I'd just graduated from college but had no job and no idea what I wanted to do with my future. I hadn't even applied to grad school, but I thought to myself that, since I couldn't figure out what else to do with my life, maybe that's what I should be doing.

Thankfully the morning light reminded me that my job was set before me, and it was a good and worthwhile position. I even got a training manual from his new speech therapist in our new town later that same morning. She says that since he's entering the program late, I need to read chapters one through six by next Wednesday. And just like that, I'm back to school! Training how to be an advocate and teacher for JAM.

By the way, my office view couldn't be better. I get to be outside whenever the weather allows, and I can work from a sunny window inside. Plus, there's no dress code, and my solo client is one of the easiest going, cutest people in the world.  I'm blessed.  I just hope I can also bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Please post your comment below or contact me at momofa23weeker@gmail.com.