Thursday, October 30, 2014

Preemie Power

Steve and I recently worked to create a superhero story of JAM's life for the annual Hand to Hold Preemie Power contest. I'll post it here when the contest is over (tomorrow) but for now, go and check it out here: http://handtohold.org/donate/events/preemie-power/vote-for-your-favorite/#view/18023/2379885

Do my words seem too light-hearted? Do I seem ignorant of the heroic feats he has suffered? Yes and yes, which is likely why I won't win the contest. But these words are the ones I want to leave him - the way I want him to recreate his preemie past. He can be proud of his scars, and the pain of them need not scar him any longer. Again, read our recreation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Please post your comment below or contact me at momofa23weeker@gmail.com.